MAX9281：3.12Gbps GMSL Serializers for Coax or STP Output Drive and LVDS Input
Serializers Enable Use of Coax Cables, Reducing Weight and Cost of Cabling in Automotive Infotainment
The MAX9277/MAX9281 are 3.12Gbps Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link (GMSL) serializers with 3- or 4-data lane LVDS input (oLDI) and a CML serial output programmable for 50Ω coax or 100Ω shielded twisted pair (STP) cable drive. The MAX9281 has HDCP content protection but otherwise is the same as the MAX9277. The serializers pair with any GMSL deserializer capable of coax input. When programmed for STP output they are backward compatible with any GMSL deserializer. The output amplitude is programmable 100mV to 500mV single-ended (coax) or 100mV to 400mV differential (STP).
The audio channel supports L-PCM I2S stereo and up to eight channels of L-PCM in TDM mode. Sample rates of 32kHz to 192kHz are supported with sample depth up to 32 bits.
The embedded control channel operates at 9.6kbps to 1Mbps in UART-UART and UART-I2C modes, and up to 1Mbps in I2C-I2C mode. Using the control channel, a µC can program serializer, deserializer and peripheral device registers at any time, independent of video timing, and manage HDCP operation (MAX9281). A GPO output supports touch-screen controller interrupt requests from the remote end of the link.
For use with longer cables, the serializers have programmable pre/deemphasis. Programmable spread spectrum is available on the serial output. The serial output meets ISO 10605 and IEC61000-4-2 ESD standards. The core supply is 1.7 to 1.9V and the I/O supply is 1.7 to 3.6V. The package is a lead-free, 48-pin, 7mm x 7mm TQFN with exposed pad and 0.5mm lead pitch.
- Ideal for High-Definition Video Applications
- Drives Low-Cost 50Ω Coax Cable and FAKRA Connectors or 100Ω STP
- 104MHz High-Bandwidth Mode Supports 1920x720p/60Hz Display With 24-Bit Color
- Serializer Pre/Deemphasis Allows 15m Cable at Full Speed
- Up to 192kHz Sample Rate and 32-Bit Sample Depth For 7.1 Channel HD Audio
- Multiple Data Rates for System Flexibility
- Up to 3.12Gbps Serial-Bit Rate
- 6.25MHz to 104MHz Pixel Clock
- 9.6kbps to 1Mbps Control Channel in UART, Mixed UART/I2C, or I2C Mode with Clock Stretch Capability
- Reduces EMI and Shielding Requirements
- Serial Output Programmable for 100mV to 500mV Single-Ended or 100mV to 400mV Differential
- Programmable Spread Spectrum Reduces EMI
- Bypassable Input PLL for Pixel Clock Jitter Attenuation
- Tracks Spread Spectrum on Input
- High-Immunity Mode for Maximum Control-Channel Noise Rejection
- Peripheral Features for System Power-Up and Verification
- Built-In PRBS Generator for BER Testing of the Serial Link
- Programmable Choice of 9 Default Device Addresses
- Dedicated “Up/Down” GPO for Touch-Screen Interrupt and Other Uses
- Remote/Local Wake-Up from Sleep Mode
- Meets Rigorous Automotive and Industrial Requirements
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature
- 8kV Contact and 15kV Air ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection
MAX9277, MAX9281: Typical Application Circuit